We have put together a basic tryout guide that each parent should follow throughout the tryout process as well as what to bring and ’Frequently Asked Questions’ below.
- Check dates / times / locations of the appropriate age group.
- Register for ’FC Stars Tryouts’ through the Demosphere website and fill in all information. Incomplete registrations will not be accepted.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to start time to check in.
- If you don’t hear anything from the club after the first night of tryouts, the club would like you to come back to the second night of tryouts.
- When attending the second night of tryouts, please make sure your child has the number that they were issued at the first night. If you no longer have the number, go to the registration area, tell them the number you child was for the previous tryout and you will be issued another number.
- Each player / parent will hear back from the FC Stars coaching staff whether or not they have made a team within 3 days.
What to bring:
- Soccer apparel i.e. soccer jersey, shorts and socks. No Jeans
- Ball – be sure it is fully inflated
- Shin Guards
- Plenty of water
Do current FC Stars players have to attend tryouts?
Yes, all players must tryout again each year.
Does my child have to attend both tryouts?
FC Stars recommend that your child attend both sets of tryouts unless you are contacted after the first night. This is to maximize your child’s time in front of the coaches. If for some reason you cannot make both tryouts please make sure you notify the coach in advance.
Do I need to register online?
Yes. Every player trying out for FC Stars will have to register online. This allows us to prepare our coaches and see how many players will be attending. This also speeds up the check in process.
When will I know if my child has made a team?
Each player / parent will be contacted within 3 days of the last tryout by a member of the FC Stars coaching staff.
Who will be coaching the team and what league do they play in?
This is updated every year and you can find it under "Coaching Assignments"
How much does it cost if my child makes a team?
Each team is different as it depends on what leagues and tournaments they play in. If your child makes the team, you will be sent a contract that outlines the team fees for the year and what they include. The Stars team fees are all inclusive. They include all training (fall, winter and spring), practice and game fields, tournament registration and coaching expenses, insurance, practice uniforms, ball, league and cup fees, etc.
My child is interested in FC Stars but our family cannot afford to pay the fees, is there a scholarship fund?
Yes. FC Stars has a scholarship fund but the resources are limited. They are awarded strictly based on financial need and not on player’s ability. Once you have made a team, you can apply for a scholarship with the club. The application will put on the website in June and will be due by July 1st. You will be notified mid-September by the Board of Directors.
How does your uniform process work and do we have to pay for a new one each year?
The uniforms are ordered directly through ’We Got Soccer’. Once your child has been accepted to a team, you will be shown the steps on how to order. FC Stars usually has a 2 year cycle for uniforms due to the uniform styles only being offered for a limited period of time. As long as your child does not outgrow their uniform, you can keep wearing the same set the following year. You can order extras throughout the year on the ’We Got Soccer’ website.
How do I know what age my child should be playing at?
Under the tryout tab please go to ’D/O/B and Age Groups, or click here
Can my child play up on an older team?
If the FC Stars coaches feel that it is in the best interest of the development of your child to play up, then the coaches will be in touch to see if there is interest in playing up within the club.